Tuesday, February 15, 2011

God's Gift to Me...

I caught myself the other day running around like a mad women, trying to get this done and trying to finish this and that...I noticed that I hadn't looked up all day. Really. I had not looked anyone in the face and given the attention they deserved from me. It was then that I noticed that the sun was shining through the door outside and about to set for the day. The luminosity of the sky almost made me cry. The deep blush of red, orange, purple and burnt yellow saturated the sky with its hopeful rays. It was then that I realized that God had made that sunset just for me. At that moment. I could see God choosing the colors and using his hand to smear and smudge the hues to create his master piece that captivated the sky. The trees gave the perfect dark contrast to the tinted heavens that lie above. It was an aesthetic experience I will never forget. 












God gives you the things you need, when you need them. But if you are too busy and not looking up, you could miss it...



5 comments:

  1. We were driving home from our ski weekend up north and were amazed at the vibrant colors of the sky. I don't think I've ever witnessed the sky as beautiful as it was on Sunday night while the sun was setting. Glad you were able to capture it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, sweet girl for the reminder. beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're awesome. I think we all need to be reminded to slow down and cherish the little blessings that God gives us each day. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful words and beautiful pictures, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) xoxo

    Beautiful, indeed...and I'm sure He made it especially for you! :)

    ReplyDelete