Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Light within the Darkness

There are many things in this life that human beings should never have to see, hear or experience. I myself have experienced things that I shouldn't have. 

I should not have to experience the death of a young friend. 

I should not have to watch as the foundation of a family crumbles. 

I should not have to hear my best friend cry so hard that she can barely breathe.

I should not see grown men fall into a puddle of tears.

I should not have to watch a loving Momma grasp on to their son's "last outfit" in a funeral home.

I should not have to hear a Momma explain to her kids why their Daddy is never coming back.

I should not have to sit back and feel completely helpless as a friend wants the world to stop and I can't stop it for her.

I should not have to read post after post, blog after blog of a friend's nightmare that is her new reality unfold.

But mostly...I shouldn't have to feel nervous and scared about a new baby entering the world.

It is ironic because even after all of these horrible images and experiences, I can not deny that God has been there for all of us during this time. 

He was there when we lost a friend. 
He was there when everyone's life was flipped upside down.
He was there when she had to tell the kids that their Daddy was not going to come back.
He was there when I was laying in my bed sobbing and praying that when I woke up that this would be a dream.


He is here. Tonight. Tomorrow. Always. Amongst the tears, questions, rage, nervousness and excitement. I have to believe that this too shall pass and a new baby will bring warmth, laughter and love back into a dark place. 
Because in the end, His light always beats the darkness.



3 comments:

  1. Oh Sarah, I hope you know how much we love you. You are such an amazing person. We will be sending extra prayers your way today.

    Aunt Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you so much! Can't wait to come up there and share the burden with you some more, even if only for a few days. You're so right about this all, but especially about God being there... HERE. Can't wait to wrap my arms around you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for being there with Vee, and helping take care of her and her babies! You are a true blessing!

    ReplyDelete