Monday, March 21, 2011

My Ah-ha Moment...

This weekend was crazy busy! Illuminate 2011 was this weekend and Deeperstill was in town singing for it. Veronica and Holly both sang with them all day Saturday and for both services on Sunday. This meant that I got to spend time with the kids :) Therefore I got to take some special pictures after I dressed the boys on Sunday. 

 LOVE them.

 I am upset that Caleb's Face is Blurry :( 
But they are still cute!

 Redhead Boys



I gave them both faux hawks :) 
They both looked and smelled SO good!

 Let me describe what Sunday morning service was like for me. It was me, all three kids, Lara Brazle, Mark Knutson, and Kristen Shields with her two kids in the second row from the front. We had a baby bonanza!! We had toys being passed, wipes being distributed, babies being fed, babies sleeping, pooping and everything in between. ha ha 

Then it came time where we all took Communion. Jon spoke about how this special time was not only about remembering what Jesus did for us, but it was for fellowshipping with the people we love. After Jon prayed for the bread and juice, the whole church stood up and started moving to the tables. That is when it happened. I had a crystallizing moment. People were walking slowly...smiling...holding kid's tiny hands...hugging on each other. I looked up at the stage with my friends singing...then I looked over at Vicki and Chris helping me get the kids to the table. It was so clear to me.

This is how we are going to spend our eternity.

Singing, talking, smiling, and eating all together with the people we love.Tears and a smile broke across my face. That was the most joy I had ever felt before in my life. God became real to me. Heaven seemed to be so close. God was holding me. Us. All the people that we love in one room, at one time, believing in one thing...

Isaiah 25: 6-9
The Lord of hosts will prepare a lavish banquet for all peoples on this mountain;
A banquet of aged wine, choice pieces with marrow,
And refined, aged wine.
  And on this mountain He will swallow up the covering which is over all peoples,
Even the veil which is stretched over all nations.
  He will swallow up death for all time,
And the Lord God will wipe tears away from all faces,
And He will remove the reproach of His people from all the earth;
For the Lord has spoken.
  And it will be said in that day,
“Behold, this is our God for whom we have waited that He might save us.
This is the Lord for whom we have waited; Let us rejoice and be glad in His salvation.”

Our money is not ours, these bodies are not ours, the houses, the cars, the fame, all of the things we lift up as important...have no use to us. If we all remembered that, how much different would our lives be lived?

We are blessed beyond what we could ever imagine.
God is great.



2 comments:

  1. What's so incredible is that you missed that the communion talk for first service (done by one of the ambassadors) was about that EXACT idea, that in heaven we'll be communing not only with Jesus, but all those that we have loved and lost. And I teared up realizing the same thing. I absolutely cannot wait.

    Love you. Like, a ridiculous amount. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish every church would experience communion the way Rochester does in that service. I've felt that many times over during the same time, but especially this past weekend with all of you. Love you more than words... xoxo

    ReplyDelete